Restaurant Views: 556
Ratings from the web
Back at Den for the spring menu. Some classics like the fried chicken and some new dishes like the veal cheek with Japanese truffles. The latter being the star of the menu. The rice in two versions, firefly squid and mountain vegetables.
den is famous for its omotenashi which is truly unparalleled but I like it for its food. It is modern but respects the rules, it is tasty and very well executed. It tries to surprise but always does.
WB 50 Chefs’ Choice Award 2019
Zaiyu cooks a modern kaiseki meal. He follows the rules, uses great ingredients and has a flawless technique.
However then he takes the stiff- and stuffiness out of the whole experience and infuses it with unparalleled omotenashi and fun.
This creates an addictive mixture which is impossible not to fall for.
No wonder he won all of these accolades, but don't get me wrong, the food by itself is worth a visit.
Recommended in Tokyo
- Saito (鮨 さいとう)
- Japan, 〒106-0032 Tōkyō-to, Minato City, Roppongi, 1-chōme−4−５ アークヒルズサウスタワー 1F
OAD #2Tabelog GoldWB50 #91WB50 Asia 2019 #25Eatinerary's
- Mibu (壬生京料理)
- Japan, 〒104-0061 Tōkyō-to, Chūō-ku, Ginza, 3 Chome−2−１３ 江戸常ビル
- Sugita (日本橋蛎殻町 すぎた)
- Japan, 〒103-0014 Tōkyō-to, Chuo City, Nihonbashikakigarachō, 1-chōme−33−６ ビューハイツ日本橋 地下１階
OAD #4Tabelog Gold
- THE WAGYUMAFIA
- 3 Chome-14-２ Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tōkyō-to 107-0052, Japan
- Ode (Ode)
- Japan, 〒150-0012 Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku, Hiroo, 5 Chome−1−３２ ST広尾２F
One MICHELIN starOAD #138Tabelog Bronze
Japan, 〒150-0001 Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku, Jingūmae, 2 Chome−3, 神宮前２丁目３−１８ 建築家会館ＪＩＡ館