- 2019 Bronze
Ratings from the web
- Takayoshi Watanabe
Mr. Watanabe decided a few years ago that he will become famous in combing the exaggeration of kabuki with preparing sushi. And he was successful as his worldwide following and a tabelog rating of 4.43 can attest to.
For me his theatrics are somewhat off putting as he prepares the nigiri sometimes sloppy, so the rice falls apart. He tops the shari with a double or even a triple layer. I don't want to put down the quality of the ingredients but when you can't eat the nigiri because the toppings being so big it becomes vulgar.
However, if these observations do not turn you off, then you are in for a good ride and splendid experience. Mr. Watanabe is a genuine host and enjoys his performance as much as most of the guest.
Recommended in Kitakyushu
- Tenzushi Kyomachi (天寿し 京町店)
- 3-chōme-11-９ Kyōmachi, Kokurakita-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 802-0002, Japan
OAD #2Tabelog Gold
- 二鶴 江戸前鮨 Nikaku
- 1 Chome-4-31 Adachi, Kokurakita-ku, Kitakyūshū-shi, Fukuoka-ken 802-0042, Japan
Two MICHELIN stars
- 3 Chome-5 Kyomachi, Kokurakita Ward, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture 802-0002, Japan
One MICHELIN star
- 7-5 Sakaemachi, Moji-ku, Kitakyūshū-shi, Fukuoka-ken 801-0863, Japan
- Sushi Morita
- Japan, 〒802-0006 Fukuoka-ken, Kitakyūshū-shi, Kokurakita-ku, Uomachi, 2 Chome−5−17, インクスポットビル 2F
3 Chome-1-7 Sugawara, Tobata-ku, Kitakyūshū-shi, Fukuoka-ken 804-0044, Japan